Sunday, January 24, 2010

What does a snow queen and a black eye have in common?

Emma!!!

All winter long Emma has been wanting to build a snow queen. So this last snow storm we got Uncle Craig came over and helped them build the best snow queen I have ever seen. You can't tell from this picture, but she is very well endowed(Andrew helped with that part). After church today they wanted to take a picture of her before she melted away.

On Thursday I got a call from Emma's teacher telling me that she fell on the playground and hit her eye. Three days later this is what it looks like. It gets more and more purple every day. The morning after she hit it her eye was swollen shut. She missed two days of school and got a lot of attention at church. She was kinda embarrassed, but I told her is looked really cool.

Just another week at the Ashby house!!!!

6 comments:

Calley said...

Oh my goodness and for heaven sakes. . . .hehehehe, i just thought that sounded funny! But no really. . .Emma has one black eye, are you beating her again? Just kidding!
I can't believe how black it is, she must have really fallen hard!
Anyhow, hope she is doing okay!

Morgans said...

How are things going? That black eye looks good, was she chasing boys? Call mr

Shafferprincess said...

Wow! That's quite the bruise on that little eye. I don't think I've seen one quite so black on a little person. Hope it's healing well!

Where are you guys at right now? Last I heard you were in Tridell. Still there?

Emilee said...

OH, so sad. The black eye, and the well endowed snow queen!! JK. I hope Emma has super healing powers.

Tracie White said...

Drew, that is one rocking snow queen. Even certain sisters of your would hide their faces in shame at that one. :)

tonandboys said...

Ouch! Poor Emma! Never a dull moment for mothers. I was so excited to see your blog. I snuck in from Lori's site. it is too fun! if you email me at ton_gershwin@yahoo.com, I will invite you to my blog too...if you want?